I love you to pieces, distraction, etc.
And accepted a new one I start in two weeks!
I’ll still be in social media, but this time it’s for an agency and I get to travel (oh my god yes and FINALLY) and the office is so close by where I live that I don’t have to move or anything!
I’ll miss my team at my former job very, very much, and writing that resignation letter was incredibly hard, but I’m not gonna lie: this change is much needed, long overdue, and I am PUMPED for what lies ahead!
TIME TO POP BOTTLES AND CELEBRATE!!!!
1) Seeing this little note my mom wrote with a smiley face on it. It’s a real thing to almost burst into tears seeing your mom’s handwriting, right?
2) The wedding rehearsal and knowing that in less than 24 hours one of my best friends in the whole world will be a married and very, very happy woman.
3) My little brother, who has been away in the Navy, who came home to surprise me on this vacation to Saint Louis. I haven’t seen him in three years. THREE YEARS!!
4) The present he bought me, a Swarovski crystal Pillsbury Doughboy pendant on a necklace. I’m still in shock.
5) Surprising my parents with tickets to see Ringo Starr in October.
6) Late night car drives with my dad to drive past the house I grew up in and the old neighborhood there.
7) Knowing that there’s something else huge I’m going to drop down on everyone when I get back to California next week. And when I say huge, I mean huge. Life changing. Nothing will ever be the same for me after Tuesday. (And it’s a GREAT thing too!)
This vacation makes me feel like a little caterpillar who has been prepping to change into a butterfly. I stayed in the cocoon for longer than I thought I would, but sometimes you gotta. You can’t bust out before you’re ready. Some changes have to be strategic and take time.
But all your strategy in the world cannot stop you from getting surprised when you least expect it which is one of the beautiful, and mysterious, things life has to offer.
well in a nice turn of events i am WEARING IT AS WE SPEAK thanks bae!!